ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Date: Wednesday, September 14 to Friday, September 16, 2022 Place: Hybrid conference, Ljubljana, Slovenia
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, the National Museum of Slovenia and E-RIHS, the European Research Infrastructure for Heritage Science are organising the 15th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality in Heritage and Historic Environments. The conference is a forum for discussions on the influence of indoor air quality on objects in museums, libraries, and archives. It is traditionally attended by a diverse audience of conservators, curators, scientists, students and other stakeholders.
Due to the continued Covid-19-related uncertainty regarding in-person events. we will adapt the format of the IAQ2022 conference, planned to be held as a hybrid in-person and online conference.
The main topic of the conference is the impact of indoor air quality on historic/heritage objects. The conference aims to bring together conservators, curators, scientists and students interested in environmental preservation conditions of heritage objects.
Contributions on new trends in pollution monitoring, understanding the risks to collections, material emissions, refurbishing of buildings as a mitigation strategy, development of active and intelligent packaging materials and display cases are welcome. Practical case studies in museums, archives, libraries or churches (e. g. decision making, implementation of mitigation actions, use of showcases, etc.) are also welcome. Also, contributions on the subjects related to air pollution, such as volatile organic compounds, particulate matter and smell in museums, libraries and archives are strongly encouraged. You can participate in the conference by submitting an abstract for an oral or poster contribution.
Everyone wishing to submit an oral and/or poster contribution, should consider the following dates:
- 15 May 2022: Abstract submission deadline
- May 2022: Notification of authors
- June 2022: Programme announced online
- 26 August 2022: Registration deadline
14-16 September 2022: Conference
- Dario Camuffo, National Research Council – Institute of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate, Padua, Italy
- Lorraine Gibson, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- Martina Griesser, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, Austria
- Morten Ryhl Svendsen, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tomasz Sawoszczuk, Cracow University of Economics, Cracow, Poland
- Alexandra Schieweck, Fraunhofer Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institute WK, Braunschweig, Germany
- Jiří Smolík, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals ASCR, Prague, Czech Republic
- Matija Strlič, UCL Institute for Sustainable Heritage, London, UK and University of Ljubljana, Heritage Science Laboratory Ljubljana
- Jean Tétreault, Canadian Conservation Institute CCI, Ottawa, Canada
- David Thickett, English Heritage, London, UK
- Irena Kralj Cigić, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Eva Menart, National Museum of Slovenia
- Jasna Malešič, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Jure Letonja, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Martina Vuga, University of Ljubljana, Academy of Fine Arts and Design
In collaboration with E-RIHS.si and The Interdisciplinary and Interfaculty Institute of the University of Ljubljana for Sustainable Protection of Heritage.